[Image description: Photoset of pictures taken at sunset on a second-story back porch. On the porch is a black woman in her early twenties, wearing a blue flower-print sundress, and two black children—a toddler boy in a lime-green shirt, and a preschool-age girl in a pink shirt and khaki shorts. End image description.]
This is my neighbor Plum, aka. plumbunny, and her two kids. DeAnthony (2) and Jasmyne (4). I’m gonna lay this out, short and sweet:
- Some serious bullshit went down with the cops and the children’s dad is in jail.
- A fluke left them with a $500+ electricity bill at the beginning of the month, just before rent was due.
- Plum’s job decided not to use sick pay for the sick days she took while coping with various psychiatric issues. Her last paycheck was $36.34.
- Plum still owes rent that was due on the first.
- Plus late fees.
- It’s a goddamn fucking miracle they haven’t evicted her family, knowing the apartment complex manager.
- She has nowhere to go but the shelter downtown if she does get evicted.
- She’s been my neighbor for three years.
- My best friend for two years.
- She only needs $50 to pay off her rent.
I’m hooking up my paypal (teh.flea(a)gmail(.)com) for the sole reason of taking donations for her.
Every cent goes to her.
Please, guys, I’m not asking for me. I have places to turn. Plum doesn’t. If you have just a dollar or two to kick her way, I would be grateful. (I’ll even draw you something for you in MSPaint, whenever I have a minute free from work.)
If you can’t donate, signal boost and reblog, please.