Posts tagged this
Posts tagged this
And the physical activities considered “feminine” are then seen as less challenging and requiring less strength than more supposedly “masculine” sports. I’m thinking of ballet, competitive pole dance, gymnastics, and things like that compared to weightlifting, boxing, etc.
I want to put all the trigger warnings in your mind before you click this link because it’s bad.
Jesus fucking christ this is disturbing
y’know i have and will read porn fic with athos in it
but i have a big problem imagining him having sex and not, y’know crying
But because Janet Mock is black, because she is trans, she isn’t seen as important or human enough to defend.
A feminism that excludes black women, that excludes trans women, is bullshit, unnecessary, colonial-minded racist, misogynist bullshit
the thing to realize here is that conservatives find the idea of paying workers a livable wage so absurd that they make hyperbolic comparisons like this
because fifteen dollars and hour and a hundred thousand dollars an hour both mean the same thing to them; more than you deserve
^That commentary is very important.
The number of “get me out of here” tactics women have developed and shared to help each other escape from overly-insistent-to-borderline-predatory dudes in public places should probably be enough evidence of the existence of rape culture all on its own.
because you asked for it
okay here’s why i can generalize bronies:
- they stole a children’s show
- a bunch of GROWN MEN stole from LITTLE GIRLS
- this show is meant for little girls. I repeat. IT IS INTENDED FOR THE VIEWING AUDIENCE OF YOUNG GIRLS.
- that being said, it’s not bad if a little boy wants to watch the show, but there’s like 29309202 shows marketed towards little boys SO
- they stole a children’s show that teaches important life lessons to young girls about how being called “girly” isn’t a bad thing and anything inherently feminine or associated with being a woman isn’t bad.
- and THEN they fucking made the show about THEM.
- they complain when merchandise meant FOR THE AUDIENCE THE SHOW WAS CREATED FOR doesn’t suit them or “talks down” to them.
- it’s a fucking coloring book for a five year old girl you fucking moron - it’s supposed to help kids develop learning habits
- they took a show meant for little girls and turned it into their sexual fantasies about purple and pink colored horses
- they complain when they’re not fucking acknowledged
- they claim that THEY are the reason for the show
- bronies are a bunch of MEN jacking off to horses
- so excuse fucking me if i generalize you
- because it’s not the minority doing this - it’s ALL of them
- you’re allowed to enjoy anything you want, but when you completely take over and STEAL SOMETHING MEANT FOR CHILDREN then i have a fucking problem with you. if you don’t do that then this post isn’t about you.
- call yourself something else then, because the name “”“brony”“” is always going to be tainted and it just reeks of sexism and misogyny
I already touched a bit on why I found the Peter Pan = Malcolm development annoying, but I’ve noticed that some have been attributing the discontent to Darling Pan, Robbie Kay leaving the show, Peter Pan dying/not getting redeemed, etc. Others have just been confused as to why some people are so annoyed by this development when OUAT has always been about taking familiar stories and twisting them into something new. I decided to type this post to offer my perspective and because writing posts always helps me sort out what I’m frustrated with and why so I can accept it and go back to not being annoyed.
Plus I just feel really vocal about Once this week
it literally does not matter if you use
as “gender neutral and affectionate names”
if someone expresses discomfort with those names and you tell them that you are no longer being affectionate and probably being hurtful
The Hunger Games, Actual Teen style!
On the left, 15-year-old Josh Hutcherson.
On the right, 16-year-old Jennifer Lawrence.
Think how much creepier it would be to see them killing other kids when they look so squishy-cheeked and little.
"Think how much creepier it would be to see them killing other kids when they look so squishy-cheeked and little."
THAT’S THE POINT SUZANNE COLLINS WAS TRYING TO MAKE
'Scott McCall would never,' I gasp…reading every fic ever.
"why the hell did we kill her off again?"
WELL I SURE AS HELL DONT FUCKING KNOW! HER STORY OF BEING BITTEN COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO CHRIS AND SHIFTED HIS STORY TO VICTORIA AND HAVE HER TRY AND MEND HER RELATIONSHIP WITH HER DAUGHTER AND HAVE A P. DECENT MOTHER/DAUGHTER STORYLINE AND YOU’D FINALLY LIVE UP TO THAT “THE ARGENTS ARE LED BY WOMEN” SHIT BUT
BECAUSE YOU’RE ALL
i’ve seen this trend way too many times it’s become extremely disconcerting
STOP CALLING STEREK SHIPPERS INSANE, CRAZY, LUNATICS, ETC, it’s ableist and honestly your vocabulary is better than that and you know it. awesome substitutes are ridiculous, annoying, obtuse, obstinate, asinine, anything else that isn’t rooted in using ableist rhetoric
seriously, if you want to call out or make a joke about the sterek fandom, don’t be an ableist asshole while doing it